Position: Legal Trustee
Contract: Three year tenure
Closing Date: 20th August 2020
About the role
Hope for Tomorrow are seeking a Legal Trustee role to complement its Trustee Board and to continue to help treat and support thousands of patients across the country through our Mobile Chemotherapy Units to NHS Trusts.
The role is designed for a Trustee that has experience within the legal industry and holds a legal qualification. The ideal candidate should have a good knowledge of the legal sector, within the areas of contract law, employment law, or charity law
Key Activities of the role:
- Ensure the Board fulfils its administrative and legal responsibilities, ensuring that Company Law, Charity Law and regulatory requirements of reporting and public accountability are compiled with.
- Ensure that all meetings comply with the requirements of the constitution.
- Act as custodian of the constitution, in liaison with the Trustees, reviewing its appropriateness and monitoring that Charity’s activities reflect the objects set out in the governing document.
- Support the Trustees in fulfilling their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensuring that Trustee decisions are implemented in accordance with the constitution or other internal operations procedures
- Attend at least 75% of board meetings. You may also be called to attend additional ’emergency’ meetings.
- Attend the AGM.
- Report any problems, personal concerns or absence to the Chair.
- Report any conflict of interest to the Chair as soon as possible.
- Ensure the charity is compliant with relevant legislation, as well as the requirements of regulatory bodies such as the Charity Commission.
- Adhere to the charity’s own Code of Conduct.
- Keep a rein on the charity’s activities, ensuring that it does not stray from its charitable objectives or the rest of its governing document.
In addition to the above, the Trustee should possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Experience of working effectively as a member of a team, previous Trustee experience is not necessary
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Integrity, strategic vision and good/independent judgement
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as Trustee
- Ability to make decisions for the good of the organisation
- Willingness to speak one’s mind and listen to the views of others
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities and liabilities of a Trustee
- Knowledge of administrative procedures
- Ability to provide clear advice on procedural and relevant legislative matters.
How to apply
If you think you have the skills and attributes to excel in this role, please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com
Interviews will be scheduled from the 20th August 2020, if you require further information, please contact Tim Bodenham, Vice-Chair Trustee on 07967735418